Increasing physical activity is one of the main objectives in the prevention and treatment of lifestyle-related diseases.
The UKK Institute studies and develops the performance and effectiveness of procedure models and methods used in physical activity counseling within the healthcare and fitness industries.
Along with increasing the personal knowledge and abilities, we need to create an environment that encourages the public to participate in physical activities that promote health.
- Counselling, lifestyle and physical activity in maternity care -study (NELLI)
- Physical activity counseling in maternity and child health care – a controlled trial
- Is intensive counseling in maternity care feasible and effective in promoting physical activity among women at risk for gestational diabetes?
- Validity and repeatability of a short pregnancy leisure time physical activity questionnaire
- Impact of Lifestyle Modification on Pregnant Women’s Work Ability, Sickness Absence and Return to Employment
- Effect of physical activity on menopausal symptoms
- Breast Cancer and Exercise
- KÄPY Research – Social Ecological Intervention to Promote Active Commuting to Work
- Prevention of Chronic Low Back Pain in Female Nurses
- Effects of Weight Reduction on Sleep and Alertness in Long-distance Truck and Bus Drivers
- Exercise Training With A Physically Active Lifestyle to Reduce Headaches and Improve Quality of Life
- Developing physical activity counselling practices in primary care
Development Programs and Implementation Tools
Few examples of the projects and methods used in developoing the heathy lifestyle
Last updated: 25.11.2020