Written on May 23, 2018.
Register controller and contact information
UKK Institute, Kaupunpuistonkatu 1, 33500 Tampere. Telephone 03 282 9111.
Data protection officer
Kari Tokola, tietosuoja(a)ukkinstituutti.fi, telephone number 046 922 1658.
Register data content
- Course and education registration
The following personal data will be collected and stored: name, e-mail address, street address, phone number, job/title and depending on the event e.g. billing information, educational background, organization and information on diet and food allergies.
This register is in Lyyti Event Management System of Lyyti Oy. In respect of billing information, it lies in Sonet Information System of CGI Suomi Oy. The e-mail address can also be found in Creamailer Oy newsletter system, due to newsletters being sent to customers.
- Call for tender: commissioned education
The following personal data will be collected and stored: name, email-address, organization and possibly telephone number. If the order is confirmed, also billing information will be collected and stored.
- Ordering e-commerce materials
The following personal information will be collected and stored: name, shipping address, phone number, e-mail address, billing information and possibly organization. This register lies in WordPress Woocommerce system and, in respect of billing information, in CGI Finland Sonet system.
- Meeting room ordering
We will collect and store the following personal data: name, phone number, e-mail address, billing information and possible organization.
- Ordering the education calendar (printed)
The following information will be collected and stored: name, shipping address, occupation and optionally e-mail address as well as organization.
- Ordering Terveysliikuntauutiset (printed)
Personal data of those ordering the printed version of Terveysliikuntauutiset will be used in delivering the magazine and informing about other services provided by the UKK Institute via e-mail or post.
- Using online learning platform
The following personal data will be collected and stored: name email-address and possibly phone number, job title and place of business. This register lies in Discendum Oy information systems of Optima or Priima.
- Ordering electrical newsletters
The following personal data will be collected and stored: name and e-mail address. Customers can update their recipient information by using the editing tool at the end of each newsletter.
This register covers newsletters created with Creamailer Oy system: the UKK Institute letter, the letters of Terve Urheilija and Terve koululainen programs and the newsletter of Smart Moves project.
- Giving online feedback
E-mail address will be collected. This register lies in WordPress information system.
- Personal data of those placing a call for tenders for commissioned education and those registering for courses will be processed in educational communications, distribution of educational material, collection of participant feedback, participant billing and in providing information about upcoming educational events and other services of the UKK Institute via e-mail or post. All the more, the personal data will be used in procedures related to customer care and in the educational reporting required by the UKK Institute’s financiers.
- Personal data of those ordering e-commerce materials will be processed in material delivery, billing and providing information about the services of the UKK Institute via e-mail and post.
- Personal information of those booking meeting rooms will be used in billing and providing information about other services provided by the UKK Institute via e-mail.
- Personal information of those ordering a printed education calendar will be used in delivering the calendar and informing about the upcoming educational events and other services provided by the UKK Institute via e-mail and post.
- Personal data of those ordering the printed version of Terveysliikuntauutiset will be used in delivering the magazine and informing about other services provided by the UKK Institute via e-mail and post.
- Personal information of those using online learning platforms will be processed in organizing courses and educational events that utilize the system in question. The personal data will be used e.g. in material distribution, performing education-related tasks, surveillance and internal discussions of the student group.
- Personal data of those ordering (electrical) newsletters will only be used in delivering the ordered material.
- Personal information of online feedback givers on the website will only be used in responding the feedback.
Numerical data collected in the register is used anonymously in analyzing and planning the operation of the UKK Institute.
Purchase data as well as address information stored in the register can also be used in profiling and targeting marketing procedures and customer communication in order to meet the interests of the registered individual.
Data archiving and disposal
- Personal data of those who have registered for courses, requested for offers regarding commissioned education, ordered materials or booked meeting rooms will be stored in order to provide information about upcoming educational events, materials and other services provided by the UKK Institute if the customer has not explicitly forbidden this. The customer can forbid using the data by clicking the cancellation link in the end of the messages. After this, information will be sent neither via e-mail nor post.
- Customers using the online learning platform can inspect and administer their personal data as well as their visibility on Optima and Priima.
- Personal information in the electric register of newsletters will remain the responsibility of the UKK Institute. Customers can cancel their orders of newsletters by using the cancellation link in the end of each letter. Following the cancellation, personal data will be removed from the service provider’s database.
- Personal information regarding feedback givers will be disposed annually.
The collected personal data is provided by customers themselves and thus not regularly updated.
Data release and transfer
Registered data can be shared inside the organization and between educational stakeholders. The data is not sold outside the UKK Institute.
Register protection principles
Stored information is techically protected. Data saved in electric form situates in server storages that can only be accessed and used by authorized persons that need the information in their professional responsibilities.
Rights of registered customer
Registered customers have a right to receive transparent information about the processing of their personal data, to check its validity and obtain a copy of the data. They have a right to request for correction and erasure of their data. They also have a right to transfer their data from one database to another and restrict and object to the processing of the data as well as object to automatized one-off decisions and profiling. Moreover, they have a right to be informed about security breaches regarding their personal information.
Requesting for the revision of the data and other similar procedures is free of charge once a year. The request should be delivered either by post to UKK-Instituutti, tietosuoja, Kaupinpuistonkatu 1, 33500 Tampere or by hidden e-mail via Turvaposti.fi. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, and in any event no later than a month after the date of receipt.
Ask for further instructions on how to leave a request concerning your personal data in the UKK Institute’s register via e-mail tietosuoja(a)ukkinstituutti.fi.
We reserve the right to change this document in order to quarantee its compatibility with the valid criteria of General Data Protection Regulation.
Last updated as part of a system update on October 30, 2020.
Last updated: 8.1.2021